Myanmar earthquake death toll tops 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Event details
CBS News |
Across the affected areas, families are facing acute shortages of clean water, food, and medical supplies.
Reuters |
The death toll in the Myanmar earthquake has reached 2,886, with 4,639 injured and 373 missing, China's state-run Xinhua reported on Wednesday, citing Myanmar's state administration council informati...
Reuters |
Just before last week's earthquake of magnitude 7.7 that killed almost 2,900 people, the junta chief was readying for a rare foreign visit to a regional summit in Thailand, as aides worked the phones...
Read more on News Digest
In our news wrap Wednesday, the death toll from the earthquake in Myanmar surpassed 3,000 as relief efforts are hampered by the country's civil war, Israel says it will establish a new security corridor across Gaza,
The head of Myanmar’s military government, Senior Gen. Min Aung Hlaing, told a forum for relief donations in Naypyitaw that 2,719 people have now been found dead, with 4,521 others injured and 441 missing, Myanmar’s state MRTV television reported.
A 63-year-old woman was pulled alive from under the rubble Tuesday about 91 hours after Myanmar was struck by a devastating, 7.7 magnitude earthquake, the Myanmar Fire Services Department said on social media.
Myanmar's ruling junta should free up movement by international aid workers to help survivors of a devastating earthquake, even in areas controlled by groups battling it, aid and human rights groups said,
Footage captured in Sagaing, Myanmar showed buildings and other infrastructure severely damaged after a 7.7 magnitude earthquake rocked the country Friday.
Explore more